Wednesday 1 August 2012

Real Live Animals

WE WENT ON A SAFARI! We took Filmore: our trusty van (nicknamed Filly) and travels hourrrrrs out into the African wilderness. Bumpity bumpity bump we went. We left at 4:30 am and got to the beautiful resort at lunch time. It was right on the Nile river. We scarfed down our food and hurryed to catch the boat ride. We got to see lots of Hippotumus's and Crocadiles. (I clearly haven't practiced spelling my safari animals). Then we saw Murchinson Falls. It was powerful to say the least. Everything has been. It's almost silly to me to even try to explain since everything we got to see with our naked eye has been seen before either in a zoo or in clearly pixelated pictures on Google. But to see it, up close and personal is surreal. When I close my eyes I still see the giraffes in their "Tower" (which is what a herd of them is called... don't quote me on that, the guide could have said Town... it was hard to heard her). It was cool to see how many times we prayed for simple things "In Jesus's name" and boom, the car started, boom, we saw a lioness (Sirabi) and then BOOM, "dear Lord, please can we see Mufasa!" and there he was. walking away from us, so we sped up and then whistled at him. He stopped, turned around and looked at us. Wow. what a mighty face. I couldn't help thinking about how God is described as a Lion and the Lamb. It brought a whole new picture of our Lord to my head. Powerful. Majestic. On His Own Terms. (its very hard to blog here, we are listening to Redeemer make all kinds of baby noises, loudly. Trinity is speaking to himself and playing with his new toy car, all the team is watching "Friends" and I have a hard time thinking without silence. And I'm the one thinking I'd love to have a lot of children... Lord, please change me to be able to love loud commotion.) back to the Safari mini vacation. We got to take out door showers which were amazing. Nothing like bathing with the saphire sky looking down on you with nice cool water. We stayed in clean tents. We ate wonderful food. We bumped around on the road a lot. On the way back Momma Mercy taught us a pluthera of songs, some in English, some in Swahili, some in Lugandan (which is the hardest for me to say/sing). Anyways. thats enough for now. I like to say in the moment. and let others use the computer. God is good... all the time. All the time, God is good!
Amena!

No comments:

Post a Comment